Subscribe
Add to Technorati Favourites
Add to del.icio.us
Friday, July 2, 2010

Microwave gourmet

Posted by Ryan

I stopped by Fresh Donuts this morning for a sausage and cheese kolache. The donut chef behind the counter asked me if I'd like it microwaved. I did. So she proceeded to nuke it for twenty or so seconds - just hot enough so that the cheese is transformed into molten Napalm. I paid for it was off to work when I thought: Why am I ok with my food being microwaved? It makes the name Fresh Donuts kinda ironic. Furthermore, were I aware that any other resaurant/fast food place heated my food in this manner, I'd probably quit going there. It's not that I'm ultra picky about the way my food is prepared, it's more that the only microwaved food I think is acceptable is popcorn. The rest of the stuff I stick in there are things like Hot Pockets, Ramen Noodles, etc. - food eaten usually becuase I'm in a hurry or something - and I'm fully aware that the food will probably be pretty gross.

0 comments:

Post a Comment